- 24-Apr-2013 to 01-May-2013 (EST)
- 48638, MI, USA
- Based on experience
- Full Time
Shift: 2nd (2:30 pm - 10:00 pm)
Position Summary: The Communications Operator is responsible for operating the console and paging communication equipment, answers and connects incoming calls, pages facility personnel, communicates emergency and code situations. This position also performs various office duties including processing charge tickets. This individual is seated at the reception area and also greets and provides assistance to guests as they arrive. This position reports to the Director of Budget and Reimbursement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates telephone console equipment. Answer, transfer and connect incoming calls. Place outgoing calls and assures that calls reach the proper location.
• Interact with guest/visitors and provide appropriate assistance as needed.
• Provide routine facility information and directory assistance for visitors, staff and resident/client inquiries.
• Notify appropriate personnel and the police/fire department of emergency situations. Relay emergency information through paging system and/or telephone calls.
• Performs various clerical duties such as census reports, batches and input charge tickets, etc. in multiple systems.
• Performs other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience as a receptionist or communications operator preferred.
• Read, write and speak English effectively.
• Able to operate phone and paging system effectively or learn to in an adequate timeframe.
• Professional, helpful and courteous disposition with guests and staff.
• Good judgment to recognize and react appropriately to all situations, including emergency calls.
• Understand and interpret emergency procedures, code system, facility extensions, disaster plan procedures, departments, hours, telephone procedures and names of key facility personnel in an efficient manner.
• Effectively utilize office equipment, computers, copiers, fax, etc.
• Self-motivated to work well with limited supervision and work effectively within a team environment.